Heavy Machinery Mechanic
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic will coordinate all maintenance and repair of equipment and vehicles as required to successfully maintaining fleet to maximize safety and production. This includes repairs and maintenance on/off road trucks, trailers, excavators, paving equipment, and small engines. Reports to Superintendent
- Perform repairs and maintenance on heavy duty equipment
- Coordinates and supervises all repairs and maintenance to fleet and equipment
- Maintains accurate and complete maintenance paperwork on all vehicles.
- Maintains inventory of the shop.
- Orders parts and materials needed to repair equipment.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, sub-contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Ensures all company employees are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized and clean shop.
Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
Communication: Displays strong communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- A self-starting highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Must be first to the shop EVERYDAY!
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Thorough knowledge / experience with diesel, automotive, and or other heavy trucks and equipment.
- Works easily with others.
- DOT Certified is preferred but not required.
- Health Insurance
Valid Driver’s license / CDL Required Class A Preferred will accept Class B (willing to train right person!)
- Transportation to and from work
- Able to work weekends as required and overtime
- Some heavy lifting – minimum of 75 lbs.
To Apply, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-767-3502 or fax 605-767-3501